21.4.07

free information and alphabet soup.

so, the reason I write to this blog is because I believe in free information. I believe we cannot own thoughts, concepts etc. now, that is easy to say when you are the one getting the free movies, songs, and books, but harder when you write those movies, songs, and books. as mahatma Gandhi said "you must be the change you wish to see in the world." so here i am, writing and creating information, and making it free. you can do what ever you want, I would prefer that you credit me, and someday I would like to get paid for what I do. in the mean time, I'm fine with supporting a philosophy I agree with, in the best way one can.

for these reasons, I would like to thank, and encourage NBC, CBS, and fox, along with any other networks that are putting their shows online for free. it's not high-quality video, and the pirated versions are better (or so I hear), and you can't redistribute them, but it is a start. it is a step on a road that will lead to a better world. I will be providing links to them in the coming days, I encourage you to visit them, and buy from their sponsors, as showing that this business model works will help this cause.

No comments: