1.5.07

Flooding in my laundry room.

There was no post on Sunday. Here is why.

I live in a relatively small part of my volcano. This is due to a long standing dispute with some gnomes, and in order to keep them happy I live in a small southwestern corner*.

A long time ago, I got a new washing machine for my cloths. Now the new washing machines have narrower wastewater pipes than my home. To solve this mismatch problem, I put a large tub next to my washing machine, and it empties into the tub, which acts as a buffer for the two pipes. This tub accidentally clogged, and subsequently filled with water, then (as most liquid containers tend to do when full) overflowed into the laundry room. When the laundry room filled up, it flooded on a biblical proportion into my television/scrying orb room. The old and somewhat ugly carpet became waterlogged. This then took upwards of four hours of cleaning to rectify. It was not fun.


*south south west to be overly specific.

No comments: